Monday, June 20, 2011

scintillating skies



Last year, I was fortunate enough to make it a few fireworks events here in Ohio–Toledo and Groveport. This was my first year actually shooting these magnificent displays of color and light successfully, even though I have been to many fireworks events throughout my life. Owning a decent digital camera and tripod helped tremendously while understanding the proper exposure time and aperture settings.


This is my first installment of these grandios events that take place every summer around the 4th of July. Groveport's fireworks always prove to be great just about every year I have gone, displaying a good variety of color and intensity. But I have to say Toledo's downtown pyrotechnic display over the Maumee waterfront was undeniably one of the best I have ever been to within the past decade! Toledo's Red White Kaboom event proved not only to be one of the best in varieties of effects and color, but the duration of the display alone was amazing and well worth the travel from Columbus. Below is a glimpse of some of those magical moments from those spectacular evenings last summer.


scintillating skies